01 April 2006

Beijing Part 1 - Introduction

Beijing, people always tell me. Beijing is China, China is Beijing (In chinese). If you go to China without visiting Beijing... You are missing a big part of your trip.

So, during my trip back to Malaysia, I decided to stop over in Beijing for 1 night. I took an early plane from Dalian to Beijing. Arrived at 10am in the morning of 1st April.

1st April.
I arrived in the Airport and took a Taxi right away to the heart of Beijing Town. It cost me RMB 100 to my hotel. Hotel name "Time Hotel" It is just a street away from WangFuJin Street. The most famous shopping street in Beijing. A must visit place. see the map below.

Look for Chao Yang Men. My hotel is at 'ao' of the lable. You can clearly see WangFuJin just next to it. Very easy for me to get there.

See the picture above ? At first, I don't know why people keep taking pictures of this SignBoard on the wall. Then I realise, it is the words "WangFuJin" in Chinese.

Another very important place to visit, is of course the Tian'an Men, Forbidden City and the Imperial Palace Museum. If you come to Beijing and you missed these, it is like going to Penang without tasting it's food.


That's me at Tian'an Men. I will post more about this in the later blogs.

There are a few places in Beijing one must visit. One of the most important one is the Great Wall of China. I did not have time to visit that during this trip. Will sure make it on my next.


Small scaled models of the palace. Picture taken from one of the Palace Museums. Kinda cool.

One thing about Beijing is, it is full of Bicycles. They have so many bikes on the road, until they have bike traffic lights.


And Bicycle parks to park your bike. Chargable fees...

Ok.. will post about places of interest next.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Hie!It's eve here! I always meant to visit ur blog since u announce it in friendster. Today is PH in penang but i still have to work :(

Great blog! very informative! keep it up!