17 April 2006

Marriage Proposal - 6th April

Well, my Penang trip was a BLAST !

The largest thing that happens and made News in Penang was my Marriage Proposal to my Girlfriend. It made headlines to 8 major newspapers in Malaysia. Hahah. Let me fill you with some stories of Before the event, during and after.

BEFORE 0604

It was about 2 months ago, when I got this idea and started laying out the plans. But soon enough, I was too busy, I put that aside until the final 2 weeks.

The plan was to project a Video Clip of our love journey, add a video clip of me talking about it and propose. This clip will be projected in the Cinema. And since my company's 'GPTW' team is having a movie day. It will be a perfect timing to do so.

So I made arrangement with Mega Pavillion Cinema Bukit Jambul to work on the plans. With some fee, they will arranged it to be projected, control the crowd and call the media. (Well, good plan. I thought)

And so, it is ON. I went and got myself the Engagement ring from one of the oldest gold smith in Dalian. It's a Platinium Diamond ring. I know my Girfriend's finger size because I tested them using my own ring. So I wasn't too concerned.

Half of the video was created in Dalian before I go to bed each night. And the other half needs a video camera. I can only do that back in Penang.

3rd April. I am back in Penang. I started to work on the video only on the 4th, which is the same day I had to pass the complete video over to Mega Pavillion. I was so tense that day. (I took the day off). Luckily I manage to finish the video by 4pm. (The last few minutes was spent right out side of Mega Pavillion, burning into DVD dics.

ON 0604

The day has come. My girl friend and I was on leave. She did not realise that I have planned all these behind her. Eventhough on that day I recieved a lot of phone calls, confirming about the flowers, movie time and lots of last minute arrangement. I even had one Press Interview with me when I was at home, she was watching DVD downstairs while I did the interview upstairs. hahaha.

We went to Bukit Jambul Complex around 4:30pm. Took her around the complex until around 5:00pm. I was so nervous that I was feverish. Friends have gathered at the cinema.. and there where :O over 10 photographers and media crews. All on standby.

Exactly at 5:30pm, the Video Clip was projected. And everyone was cheering, camera's flashing...

You can get the Video here : www.johnsonlam.com/video/live_proposal_jl.wmv

It went well, She said YES... It went perfectly well..


AFTER 0604

I did not expect to see this news was so hot and it was published in 8 Major newspapers in Malaysia.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omigosh. That's gotta be the most extrodinary proposal ever.

Remember to invite me to the wedding, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Cheers!

Eve said...

Heartiest Congratulations to both of you!!