02 April 2006

Beijing Part 2 - Places of interest

Places of interest in Beijing. I won't be posting all the places of interest. Only those I have seen during my Beijing trip. Will post pictures and explanation the best I could.


This is a Church located very near to my Hotel. I was surprised to see a huge church along WangFuJin Street. I went inside, it was huge and grand. Looked very old. Must have been here for hundreds of years.


One of the famous eating place one must visit is this. WangFuJin 'Little-Eating' Street. It is packed with stalls and places to get all the nice and famous local Beijing goodies.


From the inside of this little alley, you can go to places that sells food, souvenirs, beijing tradisional clothes and stuff like that. It is like 'Petaling Street' in KL. But not as hot, double the things to see and the walk way is much wider.

Anyway, from here, I walked to the Imperial Palace, Forbidden City. It is just 20 mins from here.


Along the way, you will pass by the Famous Beijing Hotel. Was established since 1900. Here's the website.. http://www.chinabeijinghotel.com.cn/eindex/fdjj.htm The inside is really nice.


Finally, I am here. Tian'an Men. The entrance to Forbidden City... There will be a fee of RMB 60 to get in. Then inside, you need at least 6 Hours to finish everything. Which I did not manage to do so.. and my legs nearly broken...


Here is the aerial view, The place is HUGE !!! One single building is the size of a Soccer field.


This is the main building in the forbidden city. Too bad it is closed for renovation. Actually almost 1/2 of the place is closed for renovation. So my trip was only 50% worth the money. But still, I can't finish visiting the whole place.


Anyway. this is something you really need to see in the Imperial Palace. STARBUCKS !!! Right in the middle of it ! hahaha. I was so surprised.


This is the view of Tian'an Men from right across the street of Tian'an Men. Notive the Flag ? Every morning, the flag will be raised and the national anthem will be sung. I did not manage to witness this event as I did not wake up early enough in the morning. Hahaha


This is Beijing's Government Office at night. This place displays the Beijing 2006 Olympics's countdown. A few hundred days to go.


Another thing very nice in Beijing. This is the car park indicator in a few car parks along the street. It shows the available parking lots in the car parks.

Okie.. I will be posting about Food in Beijing on the next post. Going off now...

No comments: