27 March 2006

Dalian's Japanese Set Meal. Bento.

I love japanese food. In Malaysia, a set meal (bento) with Sashimi, rice, chawanmushi, miso shiru and udon will be quite expensive. Let me share with you the Bento here in Dalian. I went to one of the most expensive Japanese Restaurant here in Dalian. Just to try out the difference in Price. The restaurant is called "Kappo Shimizu"

As I can't take pictures in the restaurant. I took some using my Handphone to be able to show you guys. Do ignore the picture quality.


Here is the Bento set I ordered. It is written in Japanese, so I can't tell you what is the name. But it came with all these.
- Shashimi (The empty plate on the top right, out of the tray)
- Rice (bottom left)
- Tempura
- Miso Shiru (bottom right)
- Udon - Eel (Left)
- Chawanmushi (The tall cup)
- Fruits
- Pickled Vegetables
- Some seafood clamshells.

When I drink my Miso Shiru... Surprise !! It has a Crab in it ! Wow. This must be expensive !

And when I thought the surprise it over, A tray of assorted seafood came. Here is the picture of the Large Fish Roe (I ate 1/2 already). The tray came with Squid/Octopus strips and some vegetables.

And, the surprise is not over yet. The final part of the meal is a Steamboat. And these are the goodies in the steamboat :
- Huge Prawn
- Clams
- Mushroom
- Tofu
- Lots of Vegetables
- Noodles.

I was already so full. Can't really fit all these in my stomach anymore... So I tried to finish everything except for the Vegetables...

Finally.. the bill.... RMB 110 (RM 55) !!! Not bad huh :)

2 comments:

jack said...

OMG!!! RM55 for all tat? *drool*

hey,still remember how much is ichiban lucnh ah? :P

Johnson Lam said...

Ichiban KL.. Buffet Lunch i think RM 55 or something, dinner more expensive.. Here also got buffet style.. RM 50 for Lunch.. Somemore you order from the menu and they make it fresh.. :)