26 March 2006

My first home cook meal

I woke up quite late on Sunday morning. So I guess I should just cook a simple meal before I go out.


First of all, let me intoduce to you a new member of my kitchen. A cute little rice cooker. It is only RMB 38 (RM 19) !!! Cheap, quality is not bad, and multi functional little rice cooker. It even comes with a steamer, I can now steam buns, bread and all the food I have frozen in my fridge.

I actually bought 2x McD Fillet O Fish and 2xApple Pie to be frozen. So that I can steam it for a quick meal. Heheheh.. Good Idea eh ?


Jeng jeng jeng.... This is my first, simple meal of porriage. (Don't laugh at me. I got nothing much to cook in my kitchen yet). I prepared the porriage with some bottled side dished. Salted Duck Egg, Fermented ToFu and Pickled Vegetables. Let's take a closer look at the bottled goodies.


On the left, Fermented ToFu and on the right, pickled mix vegetables. Let's take an even closer look of these...


Here is a piece of fermented tofu. It has some kinda smell actually. Some people hate it. But for me, as I have been eating this since young in Malaysia, I am used to it. Hmmm... it smells so good. And I tasted it later on, it is quite good. Superbly cheap here.. RMB 3.60 per bottle. (RM 1.80)


These are the pickled mixed vegetable in the bottle. It has lots of stuff : Cabbage, Lettuce, Peanuts, Carrot and some others I can't figure out. It is not too salty and it is surely a must for porriage.

So. What a sad lunch I had on Sunday morning. Will buy more stuff and have a healthier meal next time.

No comments: