20 March 2006

A new beginning... (again)


Well... March 18th 2006.

A day to remember. It is the day I pack up and leave for China to start working in Dalian with a new Team in the office and stuff like that.

I have already secured an apartment near the office and Dalian town over in China with the help of a office mate. From the pictures she sent me, the apartment looks ok.. I will SURE to post the pictures and writings on the office in the later blogs for you to enjoy.

My flight to China is such :

Time - Flight # - Destination
2140 - MH1167 - Penang to KL
0140 - MH386 - KL to Shanghai
1050 - CZ6522 - Shanghai to Dalian

Depart from Penang @ 9:40pm.. and Arrive in Dalian at 1:00pm...
It is a super tiring 15 hours journey (6 hours was wasted in the Airport transfer)

I packed 1 LARGE luggage bag and a Large Box for my clothes and computer to be checked in.. and with me, I carry my camera bag and a backpack with my own notebook and some personal stuff. Kinda heavy and tiring.















The picture beside shows that my items are probably THROWN inside these containers..

I spent most of my time in the airport transfer hall reading "The Lost World - Jurassic Park" and watching the DVD "Catch me if you can" on my notebook. Time flies quite fast when you are "Busy"

Finally.. I arrived safely... and found out about the Airport Cargo service quality..














Here is my box after the 15 hours journey... It looks like a packed, seasoned, salted cabbage...

I warned the airport people about the contents and told them to have Fragile warning stickers all around it.. (Which they did... MAS stick 2 of them and China Airlines stick 4 of them)

Let's see if the items in the box survives the trip...














This is my notebook from the Box !!! Notice anything wrong? My LCD is CRACKED !!!

Well, I can't do anything. The Airport did warned me about this... I am really sad.. but only for a while until my sadness changed to horrified !!

How am I gonna tell my Boss ??? (Thank God this is my second notebook and I have my other notebook to use in the office.)

Oh well... What a GREAT START for my career in Dalian, China....

Next posting.. I will show you my nice Apartment....

2 comments:

jack said...

no insurance for the laptop?!!!

WTF?!

Anonymous said...

oh bummer.. this is SO bad! my condolence... poor notebook. hope it gets fixed soon... with no problems.