23 March 2006

Traveling about in Dalian

Traveling about it simple in Dalian. You can find all types of transportation options. When I say all types, i really mean all types. Even the taxi have 2 wheels, 3 wheels and 4 wheels category... See what I mean down here. (I reused some contents from my webpage www.johnsonlam.com )


Dalian is a very very busy city during rush hours. Cars are everywhere. And you can see Taxi almost everywhere. It cost around RMB 10 from my place to the Office.


This is the 2 wheel taxi. It will only cost RMB 2 from my place to the office. It is nice to take these during Summer or Autumn.. But during Winter/Spring. It's just too cold.


This is the 3 wheel taxi. It is only 20 cents cheaper than the normal 4 wheel taxi. I never took these before. I felt it is so unsafe running about in 3 wheels. And it is also slow and smells of engine oil.


This is their LightRail system. Electric powered. Fast, quiet and driven by lady. (Should be the safest) Only RMB 1 to get to office from my place. BUT. It is very very packed during rush hours. And, if there is a traffic jam on the track, the Train can't move. Hahah


This is the Prepaid card for All Public transport in Dalian. It is like Touch and Go.. You need need to BEEP on the Bus, Train or Taxi and your fare is automatically deducted from the system. Very efficient.


These are wooden restored tramps. I can use my card to pay for these too. It travels different route of the city. I can take these to the beach. Which I will do that much later one day.


These are trains I can take to go to Beijing, Korea and other places in China. I will also try to take one of these to Beijing somewhere around June. I heard that it is a 8 hour journey... Darn.


This one. I will never get a chance to ride in it. Married couples ride this long long long limo to their Wedding Lunch.. They seldom do dinner here. All lunch.

OK then. See ya later.

2 comments:

jack said...

if u travel KL in LRT daily, u can buy a pass for RM90 monthly. Unlimited ride in Putra and Star LRT, termasuk bus to the station :P

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... thats true. Someone already doing research for transportation in KL.

Glad to see you are having a great time in China. Keep them pictures coming, quite educational.